Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hotel California

Fly by update. I'm on a borrowed computer.
Why the title? Well, with the hotel california, you can check out, but you can never leave.
I came to the hospital for my routine NST on Monday. The boys as usual were perfect. I however failed big time. My bp was way, way up and there was protein in my urine. So they admited me to collect my urine for 24 hours. The test results just came back now. 3.8, the cut off for immediate delivery for pre-e is 4.2 so I'm very close. They just gave me the first steroid shot to ensure lung maturity. I get a second one tomorrow at this time. The doctors are deciding next steps. My OB said that I'd stay at this hospital and deliver if my numbers were high (as they are). But the OB on call has said she wants to transfer me Women's hospital tonite because I'm only 33 weeks, with twins and they may need more intensive care. I want to stay here. My roommate is exactly where I am (okay, she's 2 days ahead with twins) and they transferred her from Women's here last week because they said 32 weeks with twins was more than enough. Such mixed messages. There is also still a (very small) chance that they may send me home for a week for strict bedrest. I have no idea.
My scheduled c-section date is exactly 2 weeks from today. I wont make it. I've got mixed feelings of course.
Home is not ready. When I left for my apointment on Monday, I had over 2 weeks to get ready. Of course the boys will be in NICU for the first bit anyway so I can get friends help me get organized before they come home. A good friend was able to come by on Monday and get my keys so someone could stay with and care for the dogs while I am in lock down.
Anyway, short post. I dont have more information than what I posted here. The nurse was here a half hour ago. I'm waiting to talk to the doctor. Who knows when. I'd prefer to talk to my own doctor of course, but its not his on-call day (maybe tomorrow is - i can only hope). Not sure when I'll post the next update, but when there is one and I have a computer, I'll post. Stay tuned.


onwardandsideways said...

Hang in there, Selmada! I've heard of this happening to a lot of women who had twins, and all turned out just fine. Am thinking of you and sending you good vibes.

K J and the kids said...

Have they given you the fibronectin test ?
It will determine if you will deliver in the next 2 weeks.

You are doing a great job and have gotten yourself far enough along that your babies will be fine.

Can't wait to see pictures of those gorgeous boys.
Maybe in 2 weeks though :)