Friday, October 3, 2008

Thick, thick

Today was my lining check before I head to CZ.

For those who don't know me IRL, I have a teeny, tiny bladder. I also seem to process fluids very quickly. I usually cant make it through a movie and definitely not through the night.

I don't know how it works elsewhere, but even though I only needed the lining check, the clinic has to do a full check. I've learnt (the hard way) that even thought the U/S clinic wants me to drink 2 litres of water 2 hours before my appointment, that is not going to work for me. So today, I made a last minute trip to the bathroom an hour before my appointment. I had a modest 1 litre of water in the cab on the way over. I was so full, I really hoped they weren't running behind. I was in luck and they actually took me in earlier.

I was already overfull on my bladder so she gave me the cup and let me practice that joy of only letting a 'little' out. Grr. I made it through the abdominal check and had to empty out for my date with the dildo-cam. Ever so joyful. She had to hurry that part up too, because, surprise, surprise, my bladder was already filling up again and making it hard to read. Luckily I made it through and while I wiped the goop off and out of me, she passed the scans onto the doctor..

The Doctor dictated the results and faxed them to my Dr (they cant give them to me directly). She was off today, but her receptionist called me because she figured I'd know which part of the report was needed. I'm happy to say I outdid myself. My lining, with 10 days until transfer is 12mm and the report said 'very nicely triple striped'. 12!!! Last time, at this point it was 9.5, also a good figure, up to almost 14 at transfer. I'm a bit concerned that it's going to be too thick, but I've heard back from CZ and its fine.

So, I think its safe to say at this point that growing a lining is not one of my issues. Now I just hope the embryos enjoy the comfy home.

I have 3 more sleeps before my flight (if I sleep). On Monday, its a 12.5 hour trip (including one short transfer) to Prague (where it will be Tuesday aft). This is followed by a 3-4 hour drive to Zlin. I'll see the Dr on Wed, get another lining check and find out how many eggs were retrieved. I also start progesterone. Then I get to play tourist until a 5 day transfer on Monday. I'll get 1-2 reports on how the embies are growing in between so I should have a good idea of what to expect on the 13th.

I requested the 13th for the transfer in part because its a holiday and it required one less vacation day, but also because its Thanksgiving (Canadian) and I really want something to give thanks for. For those in Canada, celebrating Turkeyday this year, before dinner, give a little thought my way please.


I made it to the early polls today to vote, so that is one more thing off my list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1 more sleep, hope you get alot of sleep on the plane and when you get there it is all good news and you will be able to enjoy the few days of sightseeing. Oh yes there will be an extra prayer at Thanksgiving but there is plenty every day also.
N.S