Thursday, January 20, 2011

Baths

Nathan has for the most part, always liked and at his worse, tolerated baths. He likes to play with the toys and loves to splash.

Corwyn is a different story. From his first bath, he's rarely enjoyed them. He mostly tolerated them, but sometimes, not even that. Oh he's happy when I say its bath night (for us its usually twice a week). He walks to the bathroom and leans over to play with the toys. But the minute I put him in, nine times out of ten, he freaks. He will not sit and prefers just to cling to me while I wash as much of him as I can. It doesn't matter if he's the only one in the bath, or Nathan is already there. Once in a while, he'll reach down and pick up a toy, but that is rare. And once I try to wash his hair, that's it. Screaming and climbing me to get out.

But tonite was one of the good nights. In fact, it's the best I can remember. He started out the same, standing up, not wanting to get in, but eventually started to play with the toys and when prompted actually sat down. I decided then not wash his hair, no point in pushing my luck. But then they started a splashing contest. The first one to get in his eyes, he looked a bit upset, but then he laughed and that was it. The splashing went on and on and on. I was soaked, the bathroom was soaked, but I was so happy. I even got to wash his hair. And more than that, I had to drain the water and still had to coax him out while he shivered.

I don't know if its a one-off or a trend, but right now I'm happy and want to share it.

Here's a picture of his first bath in the NICU. The nurse was very efficient, but he was having none of it.

1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

Well I'm glad he decided to like it last night :)
Cam was the same way and now he LOVES bath time. This might be the beginning to something beautiful for you :)