Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Funny - Anatomy Lesson

So we have The Bare Naked Book and a few others like it but it doesn't all sink in at once. This morning Nathan came in while I was getting out of the shower. I could see the puzzled look on his face as he looked at me. Yeah, not the first time he's seen me naked, but I think it's the first time he noticed.

Nathan: Mommy, where's your penis?
Me: I don't have a penis. I'm a girl. I have a vagina.
Nathan: No penis?
Me: No. Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina.
Nathan: A 'gina?
Me: Yes, a vagina.
Nathan: I want to touch your vagina.
Me: No Nathan. My vagina is like your penis, it's a private part. You can't touch mine.
Nathan: I need to touch a vagina. (note the change from touching mine, to touching any one)
Me: Wait until you're older Nathan
Nathan: Okay Mommy
At which point he happily left the room. I was a bit worried about him spending the rest of the day asking people if he could touch their vagina but luckily not. I'm sure we're not done with the subject but for now, he's happy.


Don't forget to enter my really simple contest to win a pair of My Hikes pants cuffs ($20 value)

I you want to get in touch with me, you can use blog comments, or you can like And Mommy Makes 3 on Facebook or via twitter at @ChrisRFretwell

2 comments:

melissa said...

Oh, my. That is hilarious! My daughter discovered the books Everyone Poops and The Gas We Pass this week, which led to a frequent use of the word anus, especially at dinner. I'm hoping it loses its charm before the grandparents come next week.

K J and the kids said...

MUCH older son ! :)